1) ASPECTS Less than 8
2) The following depend on the imaging modality of the participating site:
- NCCT + mCTA: Well demarcated hypodensity in the majority of the brain parenchyma supplied by the occluded vessel or absence of collaterals in the affected territory on the delayed phases of the mCTA
- OR NCCT + (m)CTA + CTP: Lack of core:penumbra mismatch
- OR MRI: Diffusion restriction in the majority of the brain parenchyma supplied by the occluded vessel; if MR perfusion is performed: lack of diffusion:perfusion mismatch
3) Any evidence of intracranial hemorrhage on qualifying imaging
4) Patients living in a nursing home or requiring daily nursing care or assistance with activities of daily living.
5) Patient is unlikely to be able to complete follow-up or they are unlikely to achieve the primary outcome due to an underlying illness (eg end stage cancer, etc.).
6) Pregnancy: female with positive urine or serum beta human chorionic gonadotropin (β-hCG) test
7) Participation in another clinical therapeutic intervention trial