UNMASK UEVT Study
Principal Study Objectives
1) To evaluate the influence of tolerance to risk/ambiguity on acute stroke care decisions.
2) To identify stroke physicians’ beliefs regarding patients that are ‘worth fighting for’ and those who are not.
3) To determine the frequency and factors associated with therapeutic inertia in the use of EVT alone and combined with tPA.
4) To evaluate health system factors (& regional variations) influencing medical decisions regarding EVT.
5) To evaluate the influence of number of years of training on decision making
6) To evaluate the influence of time of day (working hours vs. after hours; waking hours vs. middle of the night) on decision making.
7) Lexi- You should also include your goals (ASPECTS)
9) Influence of premorbid functional status on the decision making on EVT alone and EVT + tPA
10) To evaluate the influence of brain imaging (e.g. infarct core) on the decision making on EVT alone and EVT + tPA